Not sure where to start on your learning journey?
Why not explore some of the Pathways on the VTOS Programme where you can acquire new skills and set you on a pathway to a new career.
- Pathway to Animal Welfare
- Pathway to Crafts
- Pathway to Sport & Fitness
- Pathway to Office Administration
- Pathway to Healthcare
- Pathway to Construction
Each pathway includes related modules (subjects) along with individualised career guidance, CV development and help with interview techniques are also provided.
- Education: These Level 3 programmes are all targeted at adults and young adults who may
- Be progressing from Level 2 programmes, have few or no previous qualifications
- Want to develop the skills and capacity to progress further in education and training
- Have qualifications at this level but need to re-enter education to re-establish confidence and
- Consolidate core skills
- It is expected that learners will come from a wide variety of social and cultural backgrounds and with a range of learning needs.
- Aptitude: Ideally learners will have at least NFQ Level 2 qualifications.
Where this is not the case pre-entry assessment will be offered to learners enrolling on a full time programme. It is expected that in order to participate successfully. Learners will need to be able to demonstrate
- Adequate reading, writing and numeracy skills
- Ability to participate in group work
- Some autonomy when it comes to performing simple work/learning related tasks
- In relation to some of the standalone IT courses it may be advantageous for learners to have basic
- Internet and email skills and/or basic keyboard or word processing skills
- Previous Experience: Ideally learners will have at least NFQ Level 2 qualifications.
Where this is not the case pre-entry assessment will be offered to learners enrolling on a full time programme.
Before commencing this programme, learners will do an initial assessment and receive individual guidance regarding their needs and career goals.
The Further Education & Training Centre at Kilmallock Road Campus (formerly St. Enda’s) is a new state-of-the-art site for adult learning in Limerick City. Courses here are provided by VTOS, FAI, Limerick College of Further Education, SOLAS Training Centre as well as Community Education. Learners make great advances in their learning and most will progress into employment or further studies. Many social and cultural events take place throughout the year which adds greatly to the inclusive atmosphere in the building.
For more information contact:
Tel: (061) 419933
or email firstname.lastname@example.org